SENIOR SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Seeking a highly competent and organized senior-level systems administrator with experience of software procurement, installation, administration, and compatibility. Possessing a proven ability to maintain the day-to-day operations of an IT Infrastructure and its business systems as well as executing projects from conception to commencement. With an extensive knowledge of monitoring and controlling security within guidelines to ensure compliance and report on possible improvements. Seeking a well-mannered, detail-oriented, articulate individual who can act as a senior-level point of contact for colleagues and clients.
- Project Management
- Project Engineering
- Installation and maintenance of hardware, software and storage systems – Administration of Active Directory Roles for all customer systems.
- Management of Group Policies.
- Configuration and creation of Image deployment systems (MDT, SCCM, etc), and Server Roles and Features. Support Office 365 administration on a global level.
- Migrate customers from existing systems to Cloud-based platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Office 365 – Maintain and manage critical software updates including but not limited to WSUS, AirWatch by VMware, Cisco Meraki, PDQ Deploy, PDQ Inventory, etc – Manage and monitor client servers and backups. Identify issues and resolve them in a timely manner. – Troubleshoot 3rd level technical issues and implement solutions. – Assist in the ongoing monitoring and remediation of IT systems and infrastructure. – Spec out new products and present those to key client IT management contacts.
- Assist customers with order of equipment and software in line with agreed budgets.
- Work within a team of other senior-level engineers and project managers to ensure all outstanding tasks are resolved promptly.
- Assist fellow team members in any way needed. Communicate professionally with helpdesk staff so they can act as an informed first and 2nd line of defense when issues arise.
- Use of Project Management Portal to keep your tasks organized and up to date and to ensure client deliverables are met on time.
- Possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. Be available and willing to travel to customer locations within an 80-mile radius for client meetings and onsite work as needed.
Active Directory Skills and Experience
- Active Directory Users & Computers, Sites & Services, Domains & Trusts, and ADSI Edit. Creation of AD user accounts, configuration of profile settings, logon scripts, etc. Creation of new AD sites and subnets. Experienced in troubleshooting AD replication and Kerberos ticket issues.
- Active Directory Domain Services – Creation of AD domain, promotion of domain controllers, administration of all areas of AD.
- DHCP Server – Creation of DHCP Scopes and Scope Options.
- DNS Server – Configuration of Forward and Reverse lookup zones, subdomains, scavenging, and administration of all areas of DNS.
- Group Policy Management – skills including the creation of GPO’s, permissions, delegation, and ongoing administration.
- WSUS Server – Installation, Configuration, and ongoing administration.
- File and Print Services – a deep understanding of creating, administering, and maintaining folder shares. Sharing and File permissions, Shadow Copy, and Previous Versions.
- Routing and Remote Access – Configuration of Remote Access Policies. Configuration of SSTP or IPSEC VPN.
- IIS – configuration of Web and FTP site settings, bindings, SSL Certificates, etc.
- Windows Server Backup – Configuration of Backup Schedules and ongoing administration.
- Windows Deployment Services
- Hyper V Services
- Systems Experience
- Red Hat Linux
- Mac OSX Server
- Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
- Google Cloud Platform
- Hyper V Administration
- VMware (VCenter & VSphere)
- VMware Horizon and VCloud Air
- VDI Configuration and Administration
- Microsoft MCSE – 2012 or current
- Office365 – MCSA (70-346 and 70-347)
- AWS – ACSA
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
We leverage our in-depth knowledge of computer networks, technology, and business to deliver customized, high quality, and cost-effective IT solutions that meet our clients’ unique business goals and technical requirements.